Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1 st. Grade her I come!!

So I found out a week ago Sophia's teacher will be having her second child around Oct. 22ndish and be out until Christmas. Yes it makes me worried a little, o.k not a little a lot. All of us parents want the best of our teachers for our little ones. With Sophia she needs a lot of encouragement, needs to be pushed in a "nice way" and needs someone that is a little more soft spoken. So her teachers personality matches all of our needs but WOW starting off 1st. grade for 4-5 weeks ONLY and then to have a new teacher teach for several weeks is a lot for a little 1st grader. Everyone that has been giving me opinions say go with your gut feeling, and then others say I would switch 1st grade is a big step and it should start off very "strong". It worries me everyday if I am making the right choice. We had open house tonight and after looking in all the classrooms and get a little feel Sophia's teacher matches her so very well, I just hope the sub is a good fit and a great sub!!! Please GOD I am saying a prayer!!!! I believe in my gut feeling right now!!!!!



Sophia was writing her name on the easel, the question was what are most excited for? Friends, reading, lunch time. Sophia wrote her name under the friends column. I hope she meets some new friends this year and opens up a little. She tends to be very shy to new faces.

This picture is so cute!!! It makes me laugh, how excited they looked, but both of the girls were a little nervous I think about the "open house"This is Sophia's good friend Emerson, they have been friends for 6 years now and wow time have flown by. They met in a "new wonders baby class" when they were around 8 weeks old and now 1st graders.



Sophia hanging out in the library, she like the pencil benches. They will go to the library 1 time and week and also have computer lab time that she is excited for.



This by far was Sophia's favorite room tonight, The art room with Mr. Olson he seems very nice. Personally I think Sophia was shocked with having a male art teacher but change is good for her. He stated they will have 50 min. a week in art class. They will be drawing, painting, working with clay ect oh so fun Sophia is so excited. I think this fall I will sign her up for a after school art class with her friend Emerson. They took a drawing class this summer and had a great time together.

Sophia signed the "Jackson opening book" it was so cute

No comments:

Post a Comment