Thursday, March 14, 2013

Star of the Week!

Last week Sophia got to be Star of the week! It is a big deal to 2nd graders to be the star for the week. They get to share a couple of things or items with the class, get to be the leader for the week, and do special things in the classroom. I was shocked when Sophia asked if she could bring her tap shoes to school and show her class what she has learned this year in dance. First, Sophia is super shy and will never volunteer like this in front of 26 kids and her teacher. I was so excited when she wanted to do this, (acutally could not believe she was really going to do this). Even though she dances on stage for hundreds of people for her dance competitions this is so different for her to do in front of her own classmates all on her own. I can't tell you how proud I was of her to do this, she has came out of her shell a little this year, and hope to see her shine a little more this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment