Today I worked a 12 hour shift at the hospital, I was so excited to hear that daddy did such a great job with the kids, many walks, playtime, clean house. When I came home Leo was already in bed. I wanted to wake him up to hold him so bad, but I didn't want to break his nice sleep so I just starred at him thinking how wonderful our children really are. I read the girls books and tucked them into bed. Andy went to organize things in the garage so I decided to take a nice bath. Just got in and Sophia came crying to me saying "mom I miss Bailey" (our dog) sobbing with big tears running down her face, blood shut eyes. I stated " I miss her too honey" Wow my bath was over now because I had to talk about how Bailey is at a good home, it was so hard to hold back my own tears so I started to cry with her. Iended up getting pictures of Bailey for both girls to take to bed with them and talked about all the wonderful times we had with her.
WOW is this harder then I thought. My heart feels crushed again when you see your daughter crying so sadly about our dog for almost 8 years.
While enjoying going for walks recently without Bailey its very hard, I think it has hit our family how much we miss her. We miss you so much Bailey!!!!! We will never forget how good of a dog you were to our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment